Monday, May 26, 2008

Holden's Kindergarten Graduation


This was an emotional night for me. Billy wasn't able to be there because of the new job so just Mary H. and I went to see Holden. I cried. The tears started when they all walked in to "He is exalted," and continued when he went to get his diploma. So many emotions....thankful for the gift that he is to our family, proud of all he has learned this year, thankful for a Godly teacher, and all this mixed with the emotions of our move. I feel like we just dropped him off for his first day and now the year is done! I am treasuring this time. When I was pregnant with Mary Helen, my pastor's wife (Karen) gave me a clock and this is what the card said that went with it...

"In the homes of my friends you will find one thing in common...a clock from me. I love to give this gift with the thought that it celebrates time spent together...time God gives us to grow...time needed with 3 + 1 more on the way...a reminder EVERY MINUTE of TIME is a GIFT FROM GOD!"

"Teach us to number our days that we may gain a heart of wisdom" Psalm 90:12

This will always be a precious reminder for me. Every time I see this clock I am thankful for each day of life...another day God has given. I will be thankful for TIME with this little boy of mine.

4 comments:

JJMERKEL said...

Hope, he is getting so big. I can't believe how fast this year has gone by. Your pictures are really great. Good luck tomorrow!!!

Amy said...

I love the clock idea!!!

Kristin said...

Okay, I'm a dork... I looked at the slide show before I read this post. Of course you cried!!

I love that clock gift, too! What a wonderful idea! Each minute is precious... That is a great way to remind ourselves.

Matt, Carrie, Lucy and Molly Allen said...

congrats to Holden! i would be crying too!!! i also love the clock idea, what a special gift!
carrie